How to vote in the Elections 2023
Added at 19:58 on 03 May 2023
Elections for Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council and parish councils take place tomorrow, Thursday 4 May 2023. Polling stations will be open 7am – 10pm.
Please read on to find out all you need to know ahead of voting.
For the first time if you are voting in person, you must bring a suitable form of photographic ID to your polling station. Acceptable forms of photo ID will include:
• Passport issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, a British Overseas Territory, an EEA state or a Commonwealth country
• Photographic driver’s licence issued by the UK, Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or an EEA state (including provisional)
• European Economic Area (EEA) photographic ID Card
• Biometric immigration document
• An identity card bearing the Proof of Age Standards Scheme hologram (PASS card)
• Ministry of Defence Form 90 (Defence Identity Card
• A Blue Badge
• Older Person’s Bus Pass
• Disabled Person’s Bus Pass
• Oyster 60+ Card
• Freedom Pass
Only original documents are accepted; scanned images or copies will not be accepted. However, if your photo ID has expired it will be accepted as long as the photograph is still a good likeness to you.
To check the list of candidates standing in the election, by ward, visit: https://www.hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk/currentelections
Where's my polling station?
Not sure where your polling station is? Visit: https://www.hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk/mypollingstation
Election results will be online and on social media as they are announced, visit: https://www.hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk/electionresults2023 (page will go live from 10pm) and available in full on Friday, with the parish election results to be published once counting is complete on Friday.